Quote of the Day

Thursday, August 09, 2007

De-Crappify part 2

As a follow-up to my last post, here are a couple utilities to aid in cleaning out the crap from XP:

My Dad told me about this one: Startup Inspector - user friendly alternative to msconfig. There is a "consult" button that goes out and pulls back info from a knowledgebase about known startup items, whether they are good, bad or ugly.

And a co-worker told me about this: Crap Cleaner - Cleans out the crap from your registry, temp files, cookies, etc. Knows about different browsers, etc.

So, with a little bit of regular housekeeping using these utilities as well as spyware scanning (ie. Adaware, etc.), virus protection and Windows updates you can keep your XP machine very happy and running lean and mean.

2 comments:

Cody Jones said...

where do you get this stuff!!! lol so what is up with ND this year they suck really REALLY suck.
How are things going out there??
love to all
cody

Randy Jean said...

Going well. Nikkie played indoor soccer tonight.
Yeah, ND is really bad (glad I didn't get season ticks this year!) but I'm seeing improvement and I expect Weis to change starting QB's against USC.
Next season should be back on track (I hope)