Quote of the Day

Saturday, November 26, 2005

First Class All The Way!

Well, I wish we didn't live in a world with "classes" but... I decided to cash in some frequent flyer miles for first class this trip and boy howdy! It was everything I thought it would be and more! Actually, I have flown first class but it was quite a long time ago (my Dad is a retired airline mechanic). Anyway, it sure beat paying $5 for a "snack" and having to beg for coffee refills. Not to mention, the seats were actually pretty comfy. My "lite" lunch started with complimentary nuts. Not the packaged nuts, but served warm in a little bowl and followed up with a nice hot towel. I chose the shrimp chef salad over the grilled chicken breast. For dessert: a fresh baked, very large, tollhouse cookie. Still warm and chips melty. Definitely not the "airline" food I had come to expect. Now I'm spoiled and dreading the flight back home which will be, as they put it, in "the main cabin". Oh well, only a few thousand more miles until I qualify for my next upgrade.

No comments: